Youth Mental Health First Aid for School Personnel (Limited Availability)
Attention School Leaders! Are you interested in providing your teachers and support staff with Youth Mental Health First Aid training? The Indiana Division of Mental Health and Addiction will sponsor thirty free trainings for school personnel between now and June 30, 2019. Youth Mental Health First Aid is a nationally recognized and evidence-based program that trains individuals who work with adolescents (ages 12-18) to recognize and respond to signs of mental health problems or crisis.
Funding is limited, so act soon! For more information or to schedule a training, please email youthMHFA@namiindiana.org.
To learn more about Youth Mental Health First Aid, please see the resources below:
- For more information about what is covered in Youth Mental Health First Aid, click here.
- If you are an individual interested in attending an already-scheduled Mental Health First Aid course, search for a course here.
- Instructor Information Page - Information for Youth Mental Health First Aid instructors interested in partnering with NAMI to provide these trainings to school personnel.
- Expense Reimbursement Form - for use only by those instructors who are partnering with NAMI Indiana to provide FREE training to school personnel.
- Class Sign-In Sheet - This sheet must be turned in along with your expense reimbursement form and course evaluations.
- Evaluation Form